The PLACED Academy is a flagship education programme. It is a free to access, creative programme for 14-18 year olds. Delivered over ten months, it is designed to increase participants’ self-esteem, breakdown barriers to professional careers, expose participants to a variety of career routes and develop a broad range of skills.
As an Ambassador, Ellis Williams will be supporting in delivering education and engagement activities. The network includes architects, urban designers, landscape architects, interior designers, planners and university students.
By being part of a wider collective of sponsors, we can be part of having a greater, longer-term impact. Together we will deliver Education and Engagement activities that will:-
- Empower communities, enabling them to engage with, influence and shape their built environment
- Raise awareness of the impact of design in the built environment on quality of life
- Diversify the voices influencing the design of the built environment
- Equip people with the tools and confidence to actively engage with professionals and decision makers
- Increase well-being, raise aspiration and increase people’s sense of ownership of where they live
- Enable young people from all backgrounds to be able to better access careers in the built environment, develop young people’s skills and support youth voice
Applications are now open and will close on Friday 16th June. The Placed Academy is open to everyone in year 9, 10, 11 and 12 and people of all abilities and backgrounds are welcomed. Apply here – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GWG572Z